There are more newsagents not in a marketing group than there are in one. This is why we thought it could be useful to explore what being in a marketing group looks like.
For newsXpress members, the cost of being in the group is around $10.00 a day. This provides each newsXpress member tangible value in the form of:
- Higher profit. Thanks to an exclusive data based approach to driving high margin lines, helping you take control of buying – leading to significant sales growth.
- Supplier discounts. Often worth $10,000 or more a year.
- Buying rebates. Often worth $10,000 or more a year.
- Lower lease costs. Thanks to practical advice and help on lease negotiation.
- Lower labour costs. Thanks to a data based approach to rostering.
- From community engagement with the newsXpress family.
Being part of newsXpress delivers more than this short list though. To explore what members receive, in specific and practical terms, this list details everything included in the membership fee:
- Regular member meetings. Via Zoom. Weekly and often at weekends for those who prefer that. Supporting each other. Sharing ideas. Learning. having fun.
- Supplier launches / presentations. Filmed by us, for newsXpress members exclusively. Includes insights that help drive sales.
- Seasonal marketing collateral. Exclusive. A1. Double-sided posters.
- Digital collateral. 100s of exclusive assets for your personal use each year. Images and videos that are Instagram and Facebook ready.
- Digital collateral for in-store use. Ready for you to print, and use.
- Buying rebates. Money put into your account, adding appreciated margin dollars.
- Free access to a cloud based commercial graphic design tool. Make what you posters and art need, easily.
- Customer loyalty cards. Free stock for 3 different product categories.
- Exclusive to newsXpress seasons. To help you attract new shoppers.
- 100+ preferred suppliers. Better margin. Faster selling. Good terms.
- National consumer facing websites. Connection for your shop is easy.
- Half price website. Based on Shopify. Connected to your business, made for you.
- Supplier problem resolution. We actively represent you.
- Landlord negotiation. We help you negotiate.
- Low EFTPOS rates. We launched least cost routing in Jan. 2018.
- Product buying. To your budget, we create orders for you to consider if you would like.
- Business management advice. Evidence-based advice.
- Team member training.
- Visual merchandising advice, training, and inspiration.
- Shop fit, and layout advice. We have helped save thousands of dollars.
- Timely access to award rates.
- Private Facebook group. Talk about anything, any time.
- Online knowledge base. 150+ exclusive business management articles.
- Deals envelope. Exclusive member deals from suppliers.
- Financial guidance. Helping you budget for profit.
- We can be your sounding board on anything.
- Mental health support. We will help any way we can.
- newsXpress does more than this every day.
In a practical sense, this is what members of the newsXpress marketing group have access to. It’s part about more profit, part about more enjoyment and part about strategic planning for the future.
Like any group one belongs to, what you get out of being part of newsXpress or any newsagency marketing group is up to you. Choosing to engage and seek out more value for your business is a good move.
newsXpress can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are keen to partner with business owners who look ahead, who want to run a more successful and enjoyable business, and who are open to change.
- Your location is no barrier.
- The size of your business is no barrier.
- Being an Australia Post LPO is no barrier.
- Your card supplier preference is no barrier.
- Your financial situation is no barrier.
- Having lotto, or not, is no barrier.
- Your age, gender, and ethnicity are no barrier.
What matters most is what you want for your business, and for yourself from your business.
If, for example, you think your future relies on newspaper home delivery, lotteries, parcel collection, betting account top-up, and similar agency business, newsXpress will not be a good fit for you.
If what you want is a more successful, valuable, and enjoyable business, we may be the right fit for you.
Not everyone is, though. In the past there are times we have wished someone all the best and let them know we are not a good fit for them.
Successfully being part of newsXpress requires from you: energy, and engagement. Joining, and doing nothing would not be good for you, your business or our business. This is why we consider prospective members as much as they consider us.
The relationship is a partnership, one we both need to ensure is right.
It’s critical we get this right, critical that we welcome people who do want change, people who look ahead and not behind. We want people who want to contribute to the newsXpress community as much as we contribute to their business.
I love working with retailers who are excited by success. That first win is always the best, so motivating.
Michael Elvey, newsXpress Retail Development Manager / mentor.
newsXpress takes its service of small business newsagents, their businesses and those who rely on their businesses seriously. Our work is comprehensive, relentless and broad in terms of its application with and for a local newsagency business.
We are grateful to serve many wonderful retailers who themselves add value to what newsXpress means and is able to offer. This collective community is a wonderful thing of which to be part.
Nurturing your success.
We nurture your success through opportunities you can leverage, often needing little or no capital investment. We share these in one of our regular (at least twice a week) member emails, or our regular member Zoom meetings.
Opportunities can be new suppliers, new products, in-store tactical changes, out of store marketing ideas. Often, they are early adopter opportunities that can help our members win before other retailers know about the opportunity.
We lay out for your consideration a pathway to a success.
Opportunities can be sales to people who will never visit your shop through any of several national #1 ranked consumer facing websites, and / or your own exclusive website, under a brand you choose.
Helping you cultivate value.
We guide you to harvest greater value, profit, and thereby make your business worth more.
Our 100+ preferred suppliers offer members better margin opportunities.
We shine a light on products that turn faster.
We have preferred suppliers who: provide exclusive product and who offer first to market opportunities.
We have preferred suppliers who do not sell to other newsagents.
Our central billing program unlocks for you delayed billing terms.
Our shop floor tactical training and guidance can help you achieve higher inventory turn rates, delivering a better return on investment, better return on floor space, and better return on labour.
Enjoying your business.
Through our newsXpress community you have friends you can have a laugh with, and folks you can trust to decompress with.
Success is enjoyable. We encourage and help to find success so you can feel the happiness it brings.
Joining newsXpress is one of the smartest decisions we’ve made in 33 years of business.
The ideas and encouragement from the wonderful team at head office, as well as other newsXpress members, has helped us transform our newsagency into a beautiful store that our customers love.
And even better are the many friendships we’ve formed with other members Australia wide.
Jenny & Craig Boyd, newsXpress Highlands Marketplace, NSW.