newsXpress is grateful to share its e-commerce experience with other retailers through structured consulting and support for retailers going online through Shopify and delivering POS software connected Shopify websites.
What a retailer gets out of having a Shopify site is up to them. 100%
A website, is a hungry beast, it needs to be fed, with new content and changes, regularly.
Here is some advice based on our personal experience from years of successful selling online and experience and our work helping many small business retailers to bring to life POS software connected Shopify websites.
- Continue to add products and ensure they are named and described how people would search for them. For example, if you sell a Mickey Mouse teacup, in your POS software you might call it teacup – Mickey. From a search perspective, it needs to be called: Disney Mickey Mouse teacup.
- Refresh your collection / category landing page descriptions. A landing page is a collection page on which you have items for that collection. Write 3 or 4 crisp sentences of 15 or 20 words each with the sentences punching keywords people are likely to search for. Remember, you are writing for the search engines.
- The best photos are those you take, of single products. A photo of a display is not easily understood by humans or Google.
- Add articles. Your knowledge could be what differentiates your business from any competitor. Indeed, non-product content will most likely drive more traffic than product content. Write articles about what you sell and your business more broadly. Fresh text-based content helps drive the authority of your website. Each article should these rules to engage with Google:
- Be at least 350 words.
- Use a keyword or key phrase at 5+ times through the article.
- Be your own written fresh content.
- Cover a single topic or focus.
- Get suppliers and others to link to you. The more the better.
- Sell products on additional channels: Facebook, Instagram & eBay.
- Regularly pitch your site on social media.
- Use Shopify’s abandoned cart feature to push sales.
- Pitch promotional discounts to draw in new customers.
newsXpress would love to help you bring your retail business online through a Shopify site connected to your Point of Sale software.